What is a Recreation Card?
Recreation Cards (Rec Cards) are available for residents and non-residents over the age of three. Rec Card holders receive a discount for most programs. Certain programs require the participant to have a valid Rec Card for the entire duration of the activity/program. Children under three may participate by using their parent’s Rec Card. Individuals under 18 years must have their parent or legal guardian present to sign for their Rec Card. Proof of age may be required.
Rec Cards may be purchased at: Dunedin Community Center, Hale Senior Activity Center, or the MLK, Jr. Recreation Center.
Persons who do not possess a Rec Card may register for certain programs by paying the higher fee as indicated in the Parks & Recreation Magazine. Persons residing outside of Pinellas County with a valid photo ID may purchase a Guest Pass for $10 which is good for 30 days from date of issue. This pass allows the card holder to participate in activities (excluding camps) at the Rec Card rate. The Guest Pass must be valid through the end date of the activity/program for which you are registering.
Rec Card Rates
- Resident Rec Card: $10 / year
- Non-Resident Rec Card: $90 / year; $56 / 6 months
- Unincorporated Rec Card (Pinellas County): $56 / year
Determining residency to purchase or renew a Resident Rec Card:
- A City of Dunedin resident is as any person who:
- resides within the city limits (owning or renting on a continual basis), not including unincorporated areas.
- owns a business within the city limits.
- Visit the Pinellas County Property Appraiser website and click on “Search Our Database.” Property in Dunedin will show a Tax District of “DN”.
- To purchase a Resident Rec Card, proof of residency must be provided by presenting a photo ID (FL Driver’s License) and a bill statement containing your name, address and a date that is less than 90 days old upon date of application.
When purchasing a Rec Card, your photo will be taken to be included on the card, therefore you (and your child or any person getting a Rec Card), must be present at the time of purchase.
Free Rec Card for Active U.S. Military and Veterans
Active U.S. Military and Veterans can receive a free Rec Card which entitles the cardholder to pay the discounted fee for classes and programs. In order to receive a free Rec Card, you must show proof of Military/Veteran status and complete a registration form and wavier.
Business Fitness Rec Card
This card allows persons who work in the City of Dunedin or for Pinellas County Government to join the fitness programs at the Dunedin Community Center at the resident rate. The card is valid only for Fitness Center Memberships or Drop-in/Monthly Group Exercise Memberships. Must provide proof of employment. $10 / year
Lost or Stolen Card
Lost or stolen cards should be reported to the Dunedin Community Center by calling 727-812-4530. Upon notice, Rec Cards will be replaced with the same expiration date for a fee of $5.