Put the keys away and grab a sober friend, call a taxi, take public transportation home or use the SaferRide app.
Download the SaferRide app to help you identify your location and call a taxi or a friend for a ride
The app is available for Android devices on Google Play, and Apple devices on the iTunes store.
Drive Safely Dunedin.
Vision Zero is a multi-national road traffic safety project that aims to achieve a roadway system with no fatalities or serious injuries in road traffic. A core principle of the vision is that 'Life and health can never be exchanged for other benefits within the society'.
It is up to all of us to be aware. Look for people walking, bicycling
as well as motorists
• Slow down. Speed is the cause of 32% of all fatal crashes.
• Reduce tempers. Just cool it.
• Avoid distractions while driving. Focus on the road.
• Pass bicyclists safely. Allow at least three feet between your vehicle and the bicyclist.
1 in 4 traffic fatalities is a pedestrian.
1 in 20 traffic fatalities is a bicyclist.
Pedestrian and Bicyclist Crash Facts for Pinellas (2014)
Pedestrian and Bicyclist Crash Facts for Florida (2014)
• Always use the crosswalk. Push the button to get the walk signal.
• Be visible. Wear bright, reflective colors on your clothes, shoes, belts and wristbands.Walk Friendly Dunedin.
• Always wear a helmet. Ride in the same direction of traffic on the street.
• Yield to traffic when appropriate. It’s better to yield than “be in the right” and risk injury.
• Be visible. Position yourself in the lane so others can easily see you. Always use a headlight and taillight at night.