Message from the City Manager, Jennifer K. Bramley
On February 8, 2018 the City Commission set aside the existing Downtown Parking Plan and directed City staff to implement a revised plan that is easier to understand and more user-friendly. The City Commission further directed staff to replace the parking pay stations in use last year with more user-friendly pay stations and implement the program by mid-September.
We need you!
Between Monday, July 16 and Saturday, August 4 the City of Dunedin asks you to visit the lobby of the Dunedin Public Library to test the four pay stations that are on display. A comment card will be provided where you can rate each pay station based on your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and will be part of the final decision making process on what pay station works best for Dunedin.
Things to know about parking in Dunedin:
- Main Street from Bass Boulevard to Marina Plaza Drive will have free parking with a three hour time limit from 10am-10pm seven days a week.
- The three hour time limit will be enforced using the license plate reader technology already acquired by the City.
- Three areas, the Monroe Street parking garage, the Dunedin Marina lot and the Wood Street parking lot (the surface lot between Highland Ave and Louden Ave) will be paid parking areas from 6-10pm Monday through Friday, and 10am-10pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- The rate in the paid parking lots will be $1.50 per hour or $5 flat rate for the day/night.
- Parking pay stations will be placed in the paid parking areas only. All other parking areas will be free with no time limits.
Please see below for more details and I hope to see you at the library.