Yard Waste & Bulk is collected once per week on your regular garbage/recycling collection day. To find out your service day, search the service day database.
To avoid exceeding your weekly service level follow these guidelines for staging yard debris at the curb (single family homes) for manual collections:
- Up to 21 sturdy bags of leaves, weighing less than 50 lbs each. If they rip, they will be left at the curb.
- Containerize loose yard debris in personal 32 gallon Rubbermaid or equivalent cans purchased by the resident, weighing less than 50 lbs each.
- Small manageable piles that are bundled for manual (picked up by hand) collections and weighing less than 50 lbs, not to exceed an overall amount of 4 cubic yards (Volume of approx 2 standard refrigerators)
*Please leave at least 3 feet of clearance between yard waste and your automated carts.
When the service level is exceeded in one or more of the following categories you will receive courtesy notice to contact Solid Waste for alternative disposal options:
Yard debris not bundle/ties for manual collections
Bundles weigh 50+ lbs
Cans larger than 32ga OR weigh 50+ lbs
Bags too weak OR weigh 50+ lbs
Limbs over 4 feet in length
Logs over 4" in diameter
Overall amount exceeds 4 cubic yards total
If the yard clean out is substantial, or taking the time to bundle and containerize the yard debris at the curb to adhere to monthly service parameters is not feasible or undesirable, fee based claw services are available to customers.
Yard debris can be staged in one big pile at the curb. Contact Solid Waste for an estimate. Rates are based on volume (cubic yardage.)
More info on Claw Truck Services
Review Bulk & Yard Waste Estimating procedures HERE
Large items, such as furniture and boxes, that will not fit in the automated containers can be placed at the curb on your regular collection day.
Bulk components for single family homes include up to 2 pieces of bulk per week
(ie: mattress/box spring=2 pc ---couch & recliner =2 pc --- bicycle & loveseat = 2pc) for no additional cost.
Additional bulk items are permitted curbside, please contact Solid Waste (727) 298-3215 or SolidWaste@DunedinFL.Net for information on what is permitted.
A few examples of acceptable bulk items:
- Bed or entertainment center
- A grill without the propane tank
- Lawnmower drained of all fluid
- A box of hangers or knick-knacks
- Area rug, rolled (folded into 4 foot length if necessary)
- Bikes/children's toys without rechargeable batteries
- Patio chairs
*Please leave at least 3 feet of clearance between bulk items and automated carts and place the items at the curb by 6:30 a.m.
Information on disposal for any TV's, computers, and large appliances can be found in: