Division Director of Public Services
The Streets Section main function is to provide maintenance of 130 miles of City streets & 31 miles of sidewalks, provide curb maintenance and repairs, respond to citizen requests, and provide for tree trimming in City rights-of-way. We assist the Public Works divisions in all infrastructure repairs as needed. Also, we assist all other departments in various maintenance and construction related projects. The City of Dunedin's Street Section provides for the health, safety, and welfare of the community through the management of the City streets, traffic signage, and sidewalk infrastructures including trimming of trees for the purpose of safe ingress and egress in City right-of-ways.
Report Traffic Signal Outages
Traffic signal maintenance is done by Pinellas County. Please report malfunctions to the Pinellas County Signal Shop at 727-464-8926 or use the online form Report a Traffic Sign or Signal Issue or call Pinellas County Sheriff's Office North District Station 727-582-6900.
Report Street Light Outages
Street lights within the Dunedin City limits are maintained by Duke Energy of Florida. To report outages or street light problems call 727-443-2641 or use the online form Street Light Outage Form.
- Street repairs.
- Pothole repairs.
- Shoulder repairs.
- Utility cut repairs.
- Road and alley grading.
- Repair and maintenance of existing sidewalks on City right-of-ways.
- Installation of new sidewalks.
- Curb repair.
- Brick street repair.
- Brick sidewalk installation and repair.
- Detours and road closures, including barricade and sign placement.
- Manufacture, installation, and maintenance of regulatory traffic and street name signs.
- Operation of school zone flashers within the City are maintained by the Streets Section, including keeping them operational as well as trimming back brush and limbs to maintain visibility.
- Street striping such as stop bars, yellow curbs, and crosswalks, as well as lane lines on City streets are maintained (and old ones removed) by the Streets Section.
- Trim all trees in the Right-of-Ways as needed in order to provide for the safety of all pedestrians and motorist.
- Trim around street lights, stop signs, traffic signs, traffic lights, and trim for line of sight issues as well as low hanging branches in the street.
- Trim low overhanging branches near or around all City sidewalks.
- Remove all dead trees in City right-of-ways.