The City of Dunedin follows the Community Rating System (CRS) procedures to maintain a Class 5 rating. This rating helps our citizens by providing a 25% reduction in flood insurance premiums. Dunedin also actively participate in the Countywide Local Mitigation Strategy.
View the 2019 LMS/FPM Progress Report.
Please be aware of the Pinellas County Emergency Management services offered to all citizens. Follow this link; http://www.pinellascounty.org/emergency/hurricaneguide.htm to their annual publication "Surviving the Storm".
You can go to their website at http://www.pinellascounty.org/emergency/default.htm for information on evacuation zones, preparation checklists, special needs, pet preparedness, shelter options, and recovery after the storm. This information is extremely valuable to all of us! If you have questions, you can reach them at (727) 464-3800.
We take several important steps to ensure the safety of our residents here in Dunedin. Each summer as hurricane season begins, the Planning & Development Department:
- Mails letters to City facilities which house flammable substances, warning them of the storage of these flammable and toxic substances.
- Mails letters to realtors that includes information regarding flood hazard and insurance.
- Mails postcards regarding map information services to financial institutions, insurance agents and realtors in the City.
- Publishes a flood awareness flyer that is inserted in the Dunedin Beacon and delivered to all homes in Dunedin, plus available in newspaper boxes and business establishments throughout the City. This flyer contains emergency information for all citizens, including Pinellas County EMS and evacuation information.
- Mails letters to all owners of repetitive loss properties with information on how to protect their property from loss due to flooding.
The City of Dunedin stands ready to help you with your needs, and is committed to the safety of our residents. Please do not hesitate to contact staff for assistance.