We are excited to show you current projects in our Development Review process. As meetings occur, we will update with results and notifications of future public hearings. All meetings are open to the public.
418 GRANT STREET
Proposed construction of a 22-room Bed and Breakfast.
Local Planning Agency - Recommended Denial 11/14/18
City Commission 1st Public Hearing - Approved 12/6/18
City Commission 2nd Public Hearing - 1/10/2019
THE COURTYARD AT MAIN - Final Approval 11/1/18
The proposed construction of a multi-use development at the corner of Main Street and Douglas Avenue bordered by the Pinellas Trail on the West, and Monroe Street on the North, to include two levels of residential condominiums (18 units total, 33,602 SF), two levels of commercial/retail and restaurants (25,647 SF), three levels of existing office space (20,178 SF), a four-level parking structure (71,240 SF), and an interior courtyard for both public and private use (7,490 SF).
(Update 3/25/19): The Ocean Optics parking lot that is used for public parking and leased by the City at this time will be closing for construction the beginning of June.
The developers of Courtyard on Main will be closing the Ocean Optics lot to begin staging and prep for the construction of new building and redevelopment of the old Optics building. Suggested alternative parking will be 1 block North on Monroe Street at the Parking Garage.
- The leased parking area contained 41 spaces, these spaces will now be absorbed into the new parking garage on Monroe Street.
- The construction is expected to take 2 years.
- The Dunedin Station Square lot (corner of Douglas & Scotland) which is also leased contains approximately 65 spaces and this parking surface has been improved in April making it a more desirable place to park.
- There are currently no plans for public parking to be incorporated into the new redevelopment project as the Monroe Parking garage was built to absorb the lost leased parking and the City is looking to build another parking garage on property it owns at Louden/Milwaukee.
- In addition the City is always viewing opportunities to improve parking options in the downtown.
Local Planning Agency - Wednesday, October 10, 2018
City Commission 1st Public Hearing, Thursday, October 18, 2018
City Commission 2nd Public Hearing, Thursday, November 1, 2018
GATEWAY SURGERY CENTER - Final Approval 6/7/18
A proposed development at 980 Milwaukee Avenue at Skinner Boulevard for a 7,600+/- SF single-story ambulatory surgery center. Located across Main Street from Mease Dunedin Hospital, the developer plans for this proposed facility to complement the 80-year old hospital and provide outpatient medical services to Dunedin residents. This application is for Design Review.
Local Planning Agency Meeting: Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 6:00 pm RECOMMENDED APPROVAL
City Commission 1st Public Hearing: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 6:00 pm FINAL APPROVAL
OAK BEND TOWNHOMES - Final Approval 6/7/18
A proposed development at 810 Main Street, at the corner of New York Avenue. The owner of this property is interested in building 32 townhomes in the current location of mobile homes. This application involves a design review, rezoning the property from Mobile Home (MH) to Planned Residential Development (PRD), and a land use designation from Residential Low Medium (RLM) to Residential Medium (RM).
- Oak Bend Site Plan (6) 1-10-18
- Oak Bend Color Renderings 1-25-18 (4)
- Oak Bend Elevations 11-3-17
- Oak Bend Greenspace (2) 1-15-18
- Oak Bend Traffic Report 11-3-17
Local Planning Agency Meeting: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 6:00 pm (Approved)
City Commission 1st Public Hearing: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 6:00 pm (Approved)
City Commission 2nd Public Hearing: Thursday, June 7, 2018 (Final Approval)
- Oak Bend Townhomes CC1 Powerpoint presented at 3/1/18 City Commission hearing
Due to a Land Use Plan Amendment, this project must be approved at the County level. It will be scheduled for the following hearings: Planners Advisory Committee (PAC), Forward Pinellas, and Countywide Planning Authority (CPA), before coming back before the Dunedin City Commission for a 2nd and Final Hearing.
SEA PALMS TOWNHOMES
This project to build 4 "twin villa" townhomes at 2624 Paula Drive North, was granted final approval by the City Commission at their July 27, 2017 meeting. Documents including site plan and renderings are shown on the below link.
MARKER 1 PHASE II
See below site plan and drawing of the expansion to Marker 1 on Causeway Boulevard.