Our new location is 1415 Pinehurst Road, Unit F, Dunedin FL 34698 (Map)
How to Apply for a Permit
Apply in person by visiting our offices using a paper application.
Location: 1415 Pinehurst Road, Unit F
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday (excluding holidays)**
Main: (727) 298-3210
How to Check a Permit
Building Permits Online - After application is made you can to check the status of your building permit online quickly and easily. You can also track plan review steps, schedule or cancel an inspection and pay fees. To do so, you only need the permit application number or the street address of the project.
Questions? Please contact one of our friendly and helpful technicians for assistance with your permitting needs.
|Alycia LePage||(727) 298-3188|
|Jennifer Jewel||(727) 298-3202|
Helpful Permitting Information
Practical Guide to Permitting - a helpful guide to building permitting in Dunedin including how to apply, what to bring, and a whole lot more.
Residential Building Permits - A Homeowner's Guide - a brochure that explains when and why permits are required and helpful tips for choosing a contractor.
Tree Removal Permits: Many trees in the City of Dunedin cannot be removed without first obtaining a Tree Removal Permit. You can make application for a Tree Removal Permit in our offices for $25.00. This application will be reviewed by the City Arborist, and you will receive notification of approval/denial. The following species of trees may be removed from private property without a permit.
• Australian pine (Casuarina spp.)
• Brazilian pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius)
• Carrotwood (Cupaniopsis anacardiopsis)
• Chinaberry (Melia azedarach)
• Chinese tallow (Sapium sebiferum)
• Citrus (Citrus spp.)
• Ear tree (Enterolobium cyclocarpa)
• Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus spp., except Eucalyptus cinerea)
• Fig trees (Ficus spp.)
• Indian rosewood (Dalbergia sissoo)
• Norfolk Island pine (Araucaria hetrophylla)
• Orchid (Bauhinia variegate)
• All Palm species except cabbage palm with 6' of clear trunk or greater (Sabal palmetto)
• Paper mulberry (Broussonetia papyrifera)
• Punk (Melaleuca quinquinervia)
• Silk oak (Grevillea robusta)
• Toog (Bischofia spp.)
• Woman's tongue (Albizia lebbeck)