We're moving to 1415 Pinehurst Road, Unit F on October 23, 2019.
Temporary Office Closures
Friday, October 11th from 12pm-5pm
Friday, October 18th from 12pm-5pm
Monday, October 21st All Day
Tuesday, October 22nd All Day
Normal office hours will resume at our new location on Wednesday, October 23, 2019.
Building permits are how your local government ensures that buildings and structures are built in compliance with the Florida Building Codes. The purpose is to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare through structural strength, means of egress facilities, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, energy conservation, and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the built environment and to provide safety to fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
How to Apply for a Permit
Option 2: Apply in person by visiting our offices using a paper application.
|Location: 737 Louden Avenue, 2nd Floor|
|Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday (excluding holidays)**|
|Main: (727) 298-3210|
How to Check a Permit
Building Permits Online - After application is made you can to check the status of your building permit online quickly and easily. You can also track plan review steps, schedule or cancel an inspection and pay fees. To do so, you only need the permit application number or the street address of the project.
Questions? Please contact one of our friendly and helpful technicians for assistance with your permitting needs.
|Alycia LePage||(727) 298-3188|
|Jennifer Jewel||(727) 298-3202|
Helpful Permitting Information
Practical Guide to Permitting - a helpful guide to building permitting in Dunedin including how to apply, what to bring, and a whole lot more.
Residential Building Permits - A Homeowner's Guide - a brochure that explains when and why permits are required and helpful tips for choosing a contractor.
Tree Removal Permits: Many trees in the City of Dunedin cannot be removed without first obtaining a Tree Removal Permit. You can make application for a Tree Removal Permit in our offices for $25.00. This application will be reviewed by the City Arborist, and you will receive notification of approval/denial. The following species of trees may be removed from private property without a permit.
• Australian pine (Casuarina spp.)
• Brazilian pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius)
• Carrotwood (Cupaniopsis anacardiopsis)
• Chinaberry (Melia azedarach)
• Chinese tallow (Sapium sebiferum)
• Citrus (Citrus spp.)
• Ear tree (Enterolobium cyclocarpa)
• Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus spp., except Eucalyptus cinerea)
• Fig trees (Ficus spp.)
• Indian rosewood (Dalbergia sissoo)
• Norfolk Island pine (Araucaria hetrophylla)
• Orchid (Bauhinia variegate)
• All Palm species except cabbage palm with 6' of clear trunk or greater (Sabal palmetto)
• Paper mulberry (Broussonetia papyrifera)
• Punk (Melaleuca quinquinervia)
• Silk oak (Grevillea robusta)
• Toog (Bischofia spp.)
• Woman's tongue (Albizia lebbeck)