Craig Wilson, City Arborist
1241 San Christopher Drive
Dunedin, FL 34698
- Australian pine (Casuarina spp.)
- Brazilian pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius)
- Carrotwood (Cupaniopsis anacardiopsis)
- Chinaberry (Melia azedarach)
- Chinese tallow (Sapium sebiferum)
- Citrus (Citrus spp.)
- Ear tree (Enterolobium cyclocarpa)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus spp., except Eucalyptus cinerea)
- Fig trees (Ficus spp.)
- Indian rosewood (Dalbergia sissoo)
- Norfolk Island pine (Araucaria hetrophylla)
- Orchid (Bauhinia variegate)
- Palm tree species except cabbage palm (Sabal palmetto)
- Paper mulberry (Broussonetia papyrifera)
- Punk (Melaleuca quinquinervia)
- Silk oak (Grevillea robusta)
- Toog (Bischofia spp.)
- Woman's tongue (Albizia lebbeck)
Dunedin's New Tree Planting Program
You might be getting some new trees in your neighborhood! City Arborist, Craig Wilson talks with Dunedin TV about planting trees along some of our city streets and focusing on the right tree for the right place. Watch video
The Dunedin Tree Arboretum is located at the northeast corner of Curlew Road and Alternate 19. It provides great examples of tree and soil diversity within our community. There are educational signs that provide important information for selecting the right tree for the right place.
Protecting Ash Trees from the Emerald Ash Borer Beetle
Watch this video to learn what the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) beetle is, how to protect ash trees and why tree species diversity is key to a successful urban forest. We currently do not have any known EAB sightings in Dunedin, but we have had similar beetles such as the IPS Engraver Beetle.
Duke Energy Tree Trimming
The following information has been provided by Duke Energy.
Crews will commence maintenance tree work along electric lines located within your municipal boundaries in the upcoming weeks. The red lines on the tree trimming map indicate the general area where trimming maintenance will be occurring. The tree crews will be cleaning up all debris associated with our maintenance activities. As a reminder, debris resulting from storm damage or other events unrelated to our maintenance activities is the responsibility of the homeowners. Part of the pruning activity will occur on lateral lines, some of which will require climbing in rear lot areas
This notification constitutes the notice required by Florida Statute 163.3209.
For further details, questions or to learn more about our tree care practices, please visit www.duke-energy.com/trees.