"Eat Better" is one of the four vital ingredients of LiveWell Dunedin and helps improve your nutritional health.
Eating healthy helps you live a longer, healthier life. Not only do nutritious foods have positive effects on your mental and physical well-being, they also help reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Take advantage of every chance you get to improve your eating habits.
Here's some ideas of ways to Eat Better
- Preplan your grocery list before you shop to include whole foods and less pre-packaged meals.
- Learn to grow your own food at the Dunedin Community Garden.
- Pick up local produce at the Dunedin Downtown Market
- Find more ways to pack fruits and vegetables into your kids' snacks and lunch boxes.
- Your kids can learn to cook during Kids Culinary Cooking at MLK, Jr. Recreation Center.
- Drink more water, limit soda and sugary drinks.
- Get a hearty meal during a Monthly Luncheon at the Hale Senior Activity Center.
- Attend a Healthy Lifestyle Cooking Demonstration at the Dunedin Community Center.
- Try to eat out less and dine-in and cook one more meal each week at home.
For all programs and facilities, Download Parks & Recreation Magazine.
- The Fitness Center, located at Dunedin Community Center
- The Exercise Room at Hale Senior Activity Center
- Outdoor Kiwanis "Fit Zone" at Weaver Park. Watch Fit Zone video
Learn about the other ingredients of LiveWell Dunedin
Dunedin Parks & Recreation
1920 Pinehurst Road
Dunedin, FL 34698