COVID-19 City News & Updates - Get the latest news on city facility closures, changes to services and community resources.
|• Classrooms / Multi-Purpose|
|• Dance & Exercise Studios|
|• Fitness Center|
|• Kid's Area / Game Lounge|
|• Library Branch|
|• Stage (outdoor & indoor)|
It's a Green Building
The Community Center was planned, designed and constructed in conformance with the U.S. Green Building Council's (USGBC) LEED Rating System. LEED is an acronym for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. With LEED standards, the USGBC seeks to enhance the way buildings are designed, built and maintained, with emphasis on environmental and social responsibility. View LEED info about the Community Center.
Programs & Events
All programs, events and rentals remain postponed at this time. 2020 Summer Camps will begin June 1st, in a limited capacity. For more information, call 727-812-4530.
Playgrounds - Reopen June 1st
The Community Center features two separate playground areas.
The "Boundless Playground," located in the front, south end of the Community Center, includes multiple ramps allowing children and adults with mobility issues to easily access the play environment. Governor Bush pledged support of the "boundless" playground concept with a goal of 50 Florida cities to provide these unique playgrounds which serve children of all abilities. Through a "Be A Player" partnership with the Dunedin Kiwanis Club, and the Dunedin Boat Club, the City of Dunedin is proud to include this playground on the grounds of the new Center.
The second playground, located behind the Community Center, has slides, climbers, swings and a nearby gazebo, basketball courts, walking/biking trails and restrooms. The playground sits next to the grassy area of Highlander Park, suitable for free-play and pick up soccer, football or kickball games.
Fitness Center reopens May 26. The Fitness Center, located in the Dunedin Community Center is now reopen, in a limited capacity.
The City of Dunedin is committed to offering a safe environment for our patrons and staff. Due to summer camps operating at the Community Center, modified hours are in place for the fitness center. Beginning Tuesday, May 26:
- Hours & Guidelines:
- Monday-Thursday: 6-8:45 am and 5-7:45 pm
- Friday: 6-8:45 am and 5-5:45 pm
- Saturday (starting June 13): 8 am-12 Noon
- Limited capacity of 10 people maximum
- Participants will be allowed to reserve (1) 45-minute time slot per day. All participants must exit the facility after their workout for cleaning and sanitization.
- Participants should arrive 10 minutes early and wait outdoors to complete screening with Staff prior to entering the facility.
- Masks are encouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottle already filled.
- Reservations: Admission to the Fitness Center will be done by reservation only. Participants will be allowed to reserve (1) 45-minute time slot per day. Please reserve your spot ahead of time:
- Reserve Online
- Call (727) 812-4530 ahead of time to reserve a spot.
- Fees: $3 / person drop-in fee. Payment will be made upon arrival. Participants that have paid for an annual membership will not be charged additional fees to use the Fitness Center. Also, once a participant has visited the Fitness Center and paid the equivalent of the monthly membership fee, they will not pay anything additional for the remainder of that month.
All programs and exercise classes remain postponed at this time. Fitness Center hours are subject to change.
All other recreational facilities, including the Dunedin Community Center, MLK, Jr. Recreation Center, Hale Senior Activity Center and Kiwanis Sprayground remain closed to the general public. Some facilities will open for City of Dunedin summer camps only, beginning June 1st.