Starlight Dance Series
Monday, April 1, 7-9pm @ the Hale Senior Activity Center
03/25/2019 10:19 AM
Dunedin Community Chorus performance: "Songs Across America"
Join us for this spectacular chorus concert as they will perform a traditional salute to our armed forces and highlight compositions by American composers.
03/21/2019 2:00 PM
Bunny Brunch for ages 1-4
On April 20 at 9 a.m., bring your little ones for brunch, crafts, games and egg hunt, and a visit from the Bunny himself!
03/20/2019 3:30 PM
UPCOMING IMPORTANT PROJECT MEETINGS
- A first look at the new Gateway concept will be presented at the April 16, 2019 City Commission Work at 9:00am.
- The City Hall complex siting options will be presented at the May 14,2019 City Commission Workshop starting at 9:00am.
- Skinner Blvd at City Commission on May 16, 6:00pm - request approval for Design Phase
- The Housing Assessment report will be presented before the City Commission Workshop on June 18, 2019 9:00am.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE PARKING LOT CLOSING:
The sign above will be posted at the entrance of Ocean Optics parking lot as the developers of Courtyard on Main will be closing the Ocean Optics lot to begin staging and prep for the construction of the new building and the redevelopment of the old Ocean Optics building. Suggested alternative parking will be 1 block North on Monroe Street at the Parking Garage
Skinner Blvd City Commission Workshop
The next meeting for Skinner Blvd is scheduled for the City Commission Meeting on May 16, at 6:00pm. Staff will present recommendations and request approval to move to the Design Phase.
The City of Dunedin was approved for a Planning Grant from Forward Pinellas to develop a strategy to revitalize the Skinner Boulevard in Downtown Dunedin from Alt 19 to Bass Boulevard.
Skinner Boulevard today functions to move cars fast but does not incorporate other elements of a Complete Street such as safety, walkability, bicycle movement, golf cart crossing, enhanced sidewalks and improved access connections. An enhanced Skinner Boulevard that moves traffic safely but also features multimodal aspects and is aesthetically pleasing with character can change this roadway segment and be a stimulus for adaptive re-use and overall economic development.
The grant from Forward Pinellas along with City budgeted funds for a traffic study on Skinner Boulevard was used to facilitate design concepts and public meetings. The various public input sessions took place on January 7, 2019, February 4, 2019 and March 4, 2019 and were used to help shape the Complete Street concepts being presented at the March 19 Workshop.
Click below for the most recent presentation on the Project:
A sample of the new Wayfinding sign will be installed on December 30, 2018 at the corner of Main and Douglas by Pioneer Park.
Great things are happening on Douglas Avenue-Come check them out!
As we move into the New Year we wish to share our 2019 Goals:
- Moving forward with City Hall design plans with an established location and defined schedule.
- Initiating and producing a Workforce Housing project
- Continuing and defining plans for a Complete Streets initiative that enhances Skinner Blvd.
- Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Downtown revitalization.
- Determining and implementing improvements to the John R. Lawrence Park to have the park look great year round.
And many more initiatives are in the works!