Julie Ward Bujalski was elected to the Dunedin City Commission in April 2006, served two peer appointed terms as Vice Mayor, and was elected twice as Mayor, beginning in November 2014.
Julie comes from generations of family who have lived in Dunedin since the 1950’s, where they owned a downtown business, served in civic organizations, worked in law enforcement and volunteered for the betterment of their community.
Growing up in Dunedin, Julie attended Ms. Honald’s Dunedin Day School, Dunedin Elementary, Dunedin Highland Middle and Dunedin High School. She went on to study business at ITT Technical Institute and Fashion Merchandising at St. Petersburg College. She is a graduate of the Leadership Pinellas class of 2009, the Florida League of Cities Institute of Elected Municipal Officials I, II and III and has taken multiple classes through the National League of Cities Leadership Training program.
Julie spent 20 years in the Fashion Merchandising industry where she worked as a buyer, product developer, merchandise manager and retired from her career as an economic forecaster/planner. During this time she mastered her skills in understanding Florida’s seasonal economy, tourism cycles, marketing, visitor/resident buying habits, as well as forecasting and budget analysis.
During her time as a Commissioner (11 years), Julie served as Dunedin’s liaison to:
- Dunedin Golf Club
- Highland Games Committee and Scottish Culture
- Pinellas County Schools – Principal’s Advisory Committee, School Transportation Safety Committee and School Collaborative
- Florida League of Cities Legislative Committees
- National League of Cities Inclusion Partnership and Small Cities Council
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) – Advisory Committee on Pinellas Transit (ACPT), Planning Committee Chair, Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Board Member, Pinellas Planning Council (PPC) Board Member and Pinellas Trail Safety Task Force
During her time as Mayor (6 years), Julie has served as Dunedin’s liaison to:
- Current Chair of the Mayors’ Council of Pinellas County
- Current Board Member of the Tourist Development Council
- Current Board Member of Forward Pinellas/Pinellas Planning Council & MPO
- Past Liaison to the Toronto Blue Jay
- Past Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) Vice Chair – Executive Committee Member, Personnel Committee Member and Forward Pinellas Board Member
- Past Member of the Pinellas County EMS Advisory Council (Mayors’ Council Appointee)
Julie has been married to her husband Tom for 31 years. Their son, Thomas, is graduating from Sante Fe College in Gainesville, FL with plans to transfer to the University of Florida. His major is Sports Management. Julie has volunteered in her son’s schools as a member of the School Advisory Council (SAC), Vice President of Legislation for the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and President of the Falcon's Wrestling Booster Club. Additionally, Julie and Tom, both as proud parents and volunteers, have been a part of Dunedin Stirling Soccer Club, Dunedin Junior Falcons Football and Greater Dunedin Little League. They are lifetime members of the Dunedin Boat Club and when they find a minute to spare, they spend their time boating on St. Joseph Sound and camping in Florida’s State Parks.