Dunedin Citizens’ Academy offers residents an “All Access, Back Stage, VIP Pass” to learn about their government and the services delivered. Each session uses hands-on activities and lectures to provide participants with insight on how local governments work and the functions of City departments.
Apply for Citizens' Academy below.
During this nine week course, participants will learn about the five “Epic! Goals” of the City Commission with a focus on how our employees are working daily to serve the public, improve the quality of life of our citizens and making Dunedin an even better place to call home.
Participants will have an opportunity to:
- Meet with Commissioners
- Tour City facilities
- Visit a Fire Station
- Learn About Recycling
- Learn About Community Development
- Learn About the Reclaimed Water Treatment Process
- Tour the NEW Sheriff’s Office
- Ride the Jolly Trolley
- Tour the Blue Jays Stadium
- Classes are held for nine consecutive weeks on Tuesday evenings, from 6-9pm.
- You must be 18 years old to participate
- Dunedin Citizens’ Academy participants should be residents of the City of Dunedin or City of Dunedin employees
- Participants will be selected via a random lottery system
- Deadline for applications is August 1, 2018
- Tuition is $25, which includes a class shirt, all course material, graduation ceremony, class photo and diploma
- Each session involves considerable amounts of walking, stand and sitting. Please indicate any requested accommodations on the application form
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the various sessions located throughout Dunedin
Participating Departments, Divisions and Community Partners:
Frequently Asked Questions
Upon acceptance, a packet will be sent to all participants with instructions, meeting places, list of classes and other session information.
For more information on Dunedin Citizens’ Academy, call (727)298-3007