The Dunedin City Commission is pleased to consider limited financial assistance for Social/Cultural Non-Profit Organizations in the City’s upcoming FY 2021 Budget. Priority will be given to Social/Cultural Non-Profit programs that benefit the community as a whole, and for which there is no other City of Dunedin funding source. In order to be eligible, organizations seeking funding must submit to the City of Dunedin, Finance Department a letter fully describing:
- The amount of funding being requested and the reason(s) that level of funding is needed.
- The specific area(s) of community need addressed by your organization’s programs.
- The specific programming and how exactly the funding is intended to be used (e.g. personnel, operating or capital costs).
- The performance criteria that will be measured and / or reported on to gauge the resulting value to the community.
- For those that received funding in FY 2020, please note that documentation illustrating the degree to which the organization’s FY 2020 public benefits / performance measures were achieved must be included as part of the application materials submitted.
The letter should be submitted together with all items on the checklist by the above submission deadline.
A sub-committee established by the City Commission will review and rank the submissions received according to: (1) the type of service provided (e.g. health/medical/public safety & welfare/cultural/recreational), (2) the perceived economic or social benefit of your organization’s programs to Dunedin, (3) the nature, cause and magnitude of the financial hardships the organization is contending with and (4) the longevity and mutual benefit of any existing financial and partner relationships between your organization and the City.
If based on the final ranking, the sub-committee recommends providing funding to your organization; you will be requested to have a representative attend a Commission Work Session August 11, 2020 for purposes of making a brief presentation (3 minute Maximum) related to your funding request, and responding to questions the Commission may have.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SUBMISSION OF AN APPLICATION PACKAGE ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE DOES NOT GUARANTEE AN ORGANIZATION WILL BE RECOMMENDED FOR FUNDING.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH FLORIDA PUBLIC RECORDS LAW, APPLICATION MATERIALS RECEIVED BY THE CITY ARE CONSIDERED PUBLIC RECORDS AND ARE SUBJECT TO DISCLOSURE.