Call to Artists / Request for Qualifications (RFQ):
Download the RFQ and application
Project Title: “Give Me Shelter Too”
Theme: Celebrating Dunedin
Budget: $ 18,500.
Deadline for Submission: Received by 2:00 pm Friday, Sept. 27, 2019
Eligibility: Open to qualified regional artists that reside in the following Counties:
Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sarasota.
Funding Partners: The Funding partners are the City of Dunedin, Community Re-development Agency, the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority and the First United Methodist Church of Dunedin.
Art Project Overview
The first step of this design competition will be the review of application materials with the intent of identifying three artists and their concept ideas most favored by the Selection Panel. Following this initial selection process will be the further refinement of these concept ideas and presentations given by three selected artists (Artists will each be given a $500 honorarium to develop and present their proposals). Only one finalist will be offered this commission.
This project is located in Dunedin, Florida. Recognized statewide for its vibrant arts and culture scene, Dunedin maintains its small town charm with its population of approximately 37,000 residents. One of the oldest cities on the West Coast of Florida, Dunedin has a traditional main street, wooded and subtropical setting and almost four miles of picturesque waterfront.
Background: Bus Shelter Art Project
Overall design criteria that will help guide the selection of artist finalist are:
• Artwork that will complement the project site.
• Design solutions that incorporate some functional bus shelter enhancement, such as a bike rack, trash receptacle and/or other proposed improvements.
• Artists responding to the “Give Me Shelter Too” Celebrating Dunedin theme.
• Designs requiring minimal maintenance (please describe any maintenance needs of proposed artwork).
• Designs that ensure a high level of safety and mitigate risks where possible to avoid vandalism, and be designed in accordance to ADA guidelines
• A one-of-a-kind original design (not reproduced).