Fitness Center Reopens May 26
The Dunedin Parks & Recreation Department reopened the Fitness Center at the Dunedin Community Center on Tuesday, May 26th, in a limited capacity.
The City of Dunedin is committed to offering a safe environment for our patrons and staff. Due to summer camps operating at the Community Center, modified hours are in place for the fitness center. Beginning Tuesday, May 26:
- Hours & Guidelines:
- Monday-Thursday: 6-8:45 am and 5-7:45 pm
- Friday: 6-8:45 am and 5-5:45 pm
- Saturday (starting June 13): 8 am - 12 Noon
- Limited capacity of 10 people maximum
- Participants will be allowed to reserve (1) 45-minute time slot per day. All participants must exit the facility after their workout for cleaning and sanitization.
- Participants should arrive 10 minutes early and wait outdoors to complete screening with Staff prior to entering the facility.
- Masks are encouraged.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottle already filled.
- Reservations: Admission to the Fitness Center will be done by reservation only. Participants will be allowed to reserve (1) 45-minute time slot per day. Please reserve your spot ahead of time:
- Reserve Online
- Call (727) 812-4530 ahead of time to reserve a spot.
- Fees: $3/person drop-in fee. Payment will be made upon arrival. Participants that have paid for an annual membership will not be charged additional fees to use the Fitness Center. Also, once a participant has visited the Fitness Center and paid the equivalent of the monthly membership fee, they will not pay anything additional for the remainder of that month.
All programs and exercise classes remain postponed at this time. Fitness Center hours are subject to change.
All other recreational facilities, including the Dunedin Community Center, MLK, Jr. Recreation Center, Hale Senior Activity Center and Kiwanis Sprayground remain closed to the general public. Some facilities will open for City of Dunedin summer camps only, beginning June 1st.
Did you know Dunedin has an outdoor Fit Zone?
The Kiwanis Fit Zone, located at Weaver Park, is reopening Monday, June 1. The outdoor Fit Zone is a great way to get outdoors for exercise. It's fun, exciting and free to use! The Fit Zone provides a complete body workout with 11 hydraulic units that target biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, back and core. The Fit Zone is located on the east side of Weaver Park, 1258 Bayshore Blvd, near the picnic shelters, along the Pinellas Trail.
For more information about the Fitness Center, please call (727) 812-4530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest news related to COVID-19, including city services, updates and resources, please visit www.DunedinGov.com/covid19.