Monroe Street Parking Garage opens (1/29/18)
The new Monroe Street garage located at 356 Monroe St. is open! The garage located under the new Artisan Apartment building adds 195 public parking spaces to the Downtown. Parking is free at the garage until further notice.
*PARKING REMAINS FREE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Approved Downtown Parking Plan (12/21/17):
- Main Street from Bass to Marina Plaza (on-street) would be free 3 hour-enforced time periods seven days a week from 10 AM to 10 PM.
- Paid parking in the following areas: The Douglas/Monroe Garage, the Wood Street/Baptist Church Lot (surface and future garage), Marina lot and a level of the future Gateway garage. All of these areas would have no time limits and would be paid Monday thru Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- All other areas are free parking with no enforced time limits.
- All kiosks to be removed with the exception of Wood Street/Baptist lot and the Marina Lot along with relocation of 6 kiosks to the Douglas Parking Garage and 2 kiosks to be kept in reserve (replacement and parts).
- The parking rate in the paid areas would be $1.50 per hour.
- Resident parking areas and permits would be discontinued unless 51 % of the property owners along a street petition the City to re-establish the resident parking area.
- Due to free parking areas the Employee Pass would be discontinued.
- Leased lots would be reviewed at the expiration period
- The Special Event Parking program will remain the same.
- All revenue collected to be used solely for the Downtown Parking Plan
- The Contract with SP+ will not be extended.