Post Irma Update *10/19*
Post-Hurricane Irma Debris Collection Update (as of 10/19/17):
Collection of the “1st pass” of debris was completed on Wednesday (10/18).
Current activity is as follows:
Contractor crews have begun their second pass and are picking up construction debris within the following areas:
- Hillside Park, Suemar, Pinehurst Highlands, Dunedin Isles, and Idlewild Estates subdivisions
- Leaner & Hanger Crews: Crews are cutting down and removing branches and limbs that are leaning on or hanging from trees (safety hazards) within the golf course and Hammock Park, and also along streets and sidewalks within the City.
City crews are providing a second pass for vegetation in the following areas:
- 3 crews are working the normal Rear Loader routes, these collections are to continue throughout the week for bags & cans only.
- 2 claw truck crews continue to collect clean, dead brush only, throughout the City.
- City staff will continue to identify other large debris piles throughout the City for continued collections going forward.
County Collection Activities:
- CR 1 and Belcher Rd, north of Main St – scheduled for collection during the latter part of this week (possibly on the weekend), subject to ‘Maintenance of Traffic’ (MOT) installed.
- CR1, south of Main St., – scheduled for collection during the latter part of this week (possibly on the weekend), subject to ‘Maintenance of Traffic’ (MOT) installed.
Special services, such as bulk pick up, and temporary container rentals, are still suspended.
Questions, please contact the Solid Waste & Recycling Division, at 298-3215.
We thank the residents and businesses of Dunedin for their continued patience and encouragement.
Public Services: For tree and debris in the right of way. (727) 298-3232
Solid Waste: Questions on Solid Waste/Recycling/Debris pick-up 727-298-3215
Main City Line: 298-3000