Read the article in the Tampa Bay Times about our Seed Library!
Why a Seed Library…
• To encourage Dunedin to dig in and garden whether you are a beginner or experienced gardener
• To reconnect Dunedin to the traditions of growing tasty, healthy food
• Provide education about growing, harvesting, and saving seeds
Checking Out Seeds
All you need is a current PPLC library card. Seeds can be checked out just as you would check out books, DVDs, or any library materials.
You can check out up to three packets of seeds every month. There are no due dates and you’ll never accrue overdue fines. Bring your seed packets to the front desk for checkout.
Choosing and Sharing Seeds
All of our seeds are donated. Seeds are cataloged and packaged and are available to check out. Since each seed packet can contain a lot of seeds, share some seeds with your friends and neighbors.
Different seeds will be available throughout the year. Check back with us frequently to see what’s new.
• See our informational binder with monthly updates located by our Seed Library catalog
• Read about seed planting and gardening by checking out books from our collection
• Look for our free seed planting programs offered throughout the year
• Talk to experienced seed gardeners in Dunedin
• Keep good garden records
Read the Florida Vegetable Planting Guide for more information.
Special Thanks to our Community Partners
Dunedin Community Garden
Dunedin Garden Club
Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company
Geo. W. Park Seed Company
Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
Territorial Seed Company
W. Atlee Burpee & Co.