737 Louden Avenue, 2nd Floor, Dunedin, FL 34698 (Map)
Main Number: (727) 298-3210
Building Permitting: Building permits are how your local government ensures that building and structures are built in compliance with the adopted building codes. The purpose is to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare through structural strength, means of egress facilities, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, energy conservation, and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the built environment and to provide safety to fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
Our friendly and helpful Permit & Licensing Technicians are available to assist you with your permitting needs Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Visit Building Permits Online to:
Track permit status and details
Track plan review by City staff
Request or cancel an inspection
Garage Sale Permits: Garage sales no longer require permits. Please note that the Ordinance limiting the number of garage sales to no more than two during any calendar year with a 90-day minimum interval between sales is still effective.
Tree Removal Permits: Many trees in the City of Dunedin cannot be removed without first obtaining a Tree Removal Permit. You can make application for a Tree Removal Permit in our offices for $25.00. This application will be forwarded to our Parks Division to be reviewed by the City Arborist, and you will receive notification of approval/denial. The following species of trees may be removed from private property without a permit.
• Australian pine (Casuarina spp.)
• Brazilian pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius)
• Carrotwood (Cupaniopsis anacardiopsis)
• Chinaberry (Melia azedarach)
• Cherry Laurel (Prunus caroliniana)
• Chinese tallow (Sapium sebiferum)
• Citrus (Citrus spp.)
• Ear tree (Enterolobium cyclocarpa)
• Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus spp., except Eucalyptus cinerea)
• Fig trees (Ficus spp.)
• Indian rosewood (Dalbergia sissoo)
• Norfolk Island pine (Araucaria hetrophylla)
• Orchid (Bauhinia variegate)
• All Palm species except cabbage palm with 6' of clear trunk or greater (Sabal palmetto)
• Paper mulberry (Broussonetia papyrifera)
• Punk (Melaleuca quinquinervia)
• Silk oak (Grevillea robusta)
• Toog (Bischofia spp.)
• Woman's tongue (Albizia lebbeck)